Object of Major Research Grants:
SRCFC Major Grants support biomedical research into intellectual impairment focused on the following:
- The causes and eventual cure of intellectual impairment, such as Dsylexia and Autism, especially as it affects children.
- The causes and eventual cure of Alzheimer’s Disease and other neurodegenerative diseases.
- Research into other forms of intellectual impairment may be considered.
Note: The focus of the research should be on the causes and cure of the disease as opposed to the active treatment or palliative care.
- Applications are limited to researchers who have no more than five (5) years experience as an independent investigator as of January 1, 2014.
- A researcher who is designated as the Principal Investigator on the research grant must be based in, or formally affiliated with (but not necessarily receive salary support from), an eligible Canadian Host Institution such as a university, research institute or health care agency. The Foundation does not consider trainees including Postdoctoral Fellows, research assistants or research associates to be eligible to apply as the Principal Investigator.
- Research projects must be endorsed by the Research Services Department or equivalent of the University, Hospital or Research Institute.
- Research must be carried out within Canada.
The value of the grants is a maximum of $35,000 per year for a period of up to 3 years. The deadline for receipt of applications is April 30, 2014. When the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the next business day will be considered the deadline date.
The Research Grant application package consists of the following items: Research Grant Form and Application Guide. The form has been designed for Windows in Microsoft Word™ to allow you to complete it on your computer. If you are unable to use the format provided, please download the Adobe Acrobat™ PDF version to print the form. Please note that only the 2014 version of the application forms will be accepted. All applicants MUST refer to the Application Guide when completing an application. The forms are available from the Forms page.
For questions about this program please contact:The Awards Committee Scottish Rite Charitable Foundation of Canada 4 Queen Street South Hamilton, Ontario L8P 3R3 Phone 905 522-0033 Fax 905 522-3716